O Argos Animal Welfare Society in Greece
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARCH 2012 NEWSLETTER

5 posters

Go down

MARCH 2012 NEWSLETTER Empty MARCH 2012 NEWSLETTER

Post  lindavdr Fri Mar 09 2012, 03:24

Dear Trikala Shelter Suppawters,

It has taken me over a month to finally finish typing this letter and muster enough courage to send it. It is with great pleasure that I recall the wonderful donations that we have received and the outpouring of support from people around the world. However, I regret to inform everyone who is reading this, that Trikala is in trouble.

We have seen our fair share of struggles in the past, but this time it doesn’t look like we are going to make it through. The following plea is our saving grace…

I would like everyone to know that we work tirelessly to not only care the for the dogs in the shelter (feeding, veterinary bills, rehoming, and sterilization) and the strays who we can only offer a kind hand and the occasional meal, but we also put an enormous amount of time and energy into fundraising. In Greece, people do not care. The culture here is not in the dog’s favor and this makes raising funds and gaining local support extremely difficult. Because of this, I hope that our global community of supports hear our plea for help, as we have nowhere else to turn.

We have been trying to recover since the holiday season when we were overwhelmed with rescues. Some of our dogs fell ill and needed veterinary care, some were starving, some were cold, and all were lonely. We cannot turn any of them away. How can we? We are their LAST resort. Often times we are the “push” they need to survive. We had to take in each one because we made a promise to the “no-hope-left” ones that need us the most.

The financial situation we are in now makes us appreciated the life that the our dogs lead before coming to us. It is as if we are chained with nowhere to turn or hide. We need help in the worst way. Can you help set us free?

VETERINARY BILL: 15,000 EUROS

The veterinary bill does not include our bills for food and day-to-day expenses of running the shelter. However, this bill are the most important because if we do not pay it we cannot purchase the medical supplies and veterinary services that our dogs need.

Everything we have and receive from our network of supporters goes to the animals in our care, we are their life-line. We ask that you please help us continue our work of rescuing the rehoming the lost souls of Trikala’s strays. So far since 2011 we have:

Sterilized 20 animals
Vaccinated and Dewormed 340 animals
Rehomed 20
We ask that you help us continue this endless task by becoming a Trikala Shelter Guardian Angel by pledging $10.00 per month towards our efforts. But please remember that every little bit helps and the dogs here depend on your willingness to help. Please help us to not be another human that lets these dogs down!

I thank you for taking the time to read the cry for “yelp” and for considering a means to help us or even by just forwarding this on. Our gratitude is nothing compared to all the helpless, hopeless, and homeless animals out there who thank us every day for what we can give them.

PAYPAL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BANK DETAILS:
IBAN: GR31 0172 6110 0056 1105 3715 521
BIC/SWIFT: PIRBGRAA

E-MAILS: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lindavdr
lindavdr

http://www.petfoodbankingreece.org

Back to top Go down

MARCH 2012 NEWSLETTER Empty March newsletter

Post  susanns Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:49

Linda, I posted the newsletter featuring Zira as the cover girl o the forum as well... they can be printed and given out o people or emailed. We should think about subscription so we get supporters ok to email them any news. What do you think>

Sxx
susanns
susanns
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

MARCH 2012 NEWSLETTER Empty Re: MARCH 2012 NEWSLETTER

Post  Admin Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:56

I think we can do an email via the Trikala Page on Facebook to all of those who have liked the page. I will go and check now Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trikalashelter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sarag Mon Apr 16 2012, 18:23

Can put something on the website for people to register there email address. These can then be downloaded and put onto a mailing list. Will be able to do once back, please let me know which email adddress you want these sent to.

sarag

Back to top Go down

Post  JaneyM Mon Apr 16 2012, 18:52

I did post on there yesterday, that we had over 4,000 likes and if everyone was able to donate just €1 a month each, then it would make the world of difference, Did it in a jokey kind of way, highlighting the health benefits to themselves (€1 = 3 cigarettes, half a cup of coffee, bar and a half of chocolate). Kind of shows how little it is really... you never know!

If the email you suggest Susann could have some sort of pledge in it that people could sign up to. With a minimum contribution of €1 a month, it might help. As it's such a small amount of money, but if everyone did it, it's 4K a month! (actually 4,294 to be precise). And I'm sure that a % of people would pledge more.
JaneyM
JaneyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down